Healthy Prayer Life – Key #4
The AM service will be live streamed on the church's Facebook page HERE at 10:30 AM on Sunday, July 25th.
Text: I Thessalonians 5:12-22
Series: Eight Keys to a Biblically Healthy Church
Focus: Key #4 – Healthy Prayer Life v. 17
- DEFINITION of Prayer
Prayer is COMMUNICATION with GOD
- TYPES of Prayer
- TRUTHS about Prayer
- Prayer does not depend on the right WORDS, but it does depend on the right HEART.
- Prayer does not depend on the right POSTURE, but it does depend on HUMILITY.
- Prayer does not begin PUBLICLY, it begins PRIVATELY.
- Prayer is not something we DO, but it is vital to who we ARE.
- MODELS of Prayer
- MOTIVATIONS for Prayer
Matthew 6:9,13—For the Glory of God
Psalm 42:1-2 – Desire for Fellowship
Matthew 6:11 – Meet Needs
James 1:5 – Wisdom
Philippians 1:3-5 – Gratitude
I John 1:9 – Confession
I Timothy 2:1-4 – Concern for the Lost
You must remember…
- Prayer is your secret weapon in spiritual warfare!
- Prayer is expected of all believers!
- The prayer life of the people is dependent upon the prayer life of each person!
- We are to be a house of prayer!